Hi. I’m Rachael Goldsworthy, and today is the first official day back in the office. Everybody seems to have a real spring in their step then I guess it’s because we’ve all had a really lovely break with the family and friends as I’m sure you have. Looking forward to getting back into things. This time if you would take an opportunity to look at how to improve the year ahead and I’d generally put out my 50 Top Tips, so if you wanted to have a look at that I’ll put a link on the website for you. So 50 Top Tips for an Amazing 2015. I’ll look forward to helping you in your real estate needs and will look forward to catching up with you on the next video.
It is that time of year when many of us think of New Year resolutions and how we might do things differently this year. I was reading a journal on tips for a Powerful New Year which I thought was worth sharing with you. We all have a choice in life, which life will you choose?
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a TIVO, record your late night shows and get more sleep. Harvey Norman McGraths Hill have just got in the 1 TB (larger memory 🙂 )
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: “My purpose is to___________ today.”
5. Live with the three E’s: Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2011.
7. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
8. Dream more while you are awake.
9. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer foods that are manufactured in plants.
10. Drink green tea and plenty of water and eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
11. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
12. Clear the clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
13. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
14. Realise that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
15. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
16. Smile and laugh more.
17. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
18. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
19. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
20. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
21. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
22. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
23. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
26. Forgive everyone everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up, be present.
35. Do the right thing. Call your mother and father often.
36. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: “I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished__________.
37. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
38. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disneyland and you certainly don’t want a fast pass.