Top 10 Things To Do Before Buying
- Speak with your bank, broker or your personal banker to arrange the best loan to suit your needs. We recommend that you arrange pre-approval so that you know how much you can potentially borrow.
- Prepare a short list of preferred suburbs – no more than three – which best suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements. Click here for detailed information on our local neighbourhoods.
- Research sales in those preferred suburbs. Inspect as many properties and attend “Open Homes” in your preferred suburbs so you have a feel for fair market prices.
- Develop a relationship with an agent in your preferred area. Contact us at Rachael Goldsworthy Realty – we will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need.
- When you find a property which suits your requirements, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract to your Solicitor or Conveyancer.
- If you are considering making an offer, we recommend that you contact us promptly as we can guide you if you are in any way unsure of the purchasing process.
- Your Solicitor can arrange building and pest inspections, together with any other relevant reports, i.e. strata to make sure you are aware of any possible major defects.
- Follow your Solicitor’s or Conveyancer’s advice on the sale contract and take into consideration the building and pest reports. You should be in a position to make an informed decision as to whether to proceed with the purchase of the property.
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a 10% deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement.
- On settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed. Upon settlement you will receive the keys to your new home and you can begin to moving into the property.
If you require any further information in regard to buying your next home, call me now on 4577 9964 or email me email@example.com