It is considered one of the most romantic days of the year, a day where people show their appreciation to those they love and adore. Valentine’s Day is a day where love and romance can fill the air, with red roses, chocolates and love letters as traditional gifts given between partners or that secret someone that you may admire. Some say, when 2 people fall in love they are “Struck with Cupid’s arrow”.
Across the globe Valentine’s Day is celebrated in many ways as a day for love, romance, appreciation and friendship.
Here are our top 16 ways to celebrate this Valentine’s Day in the Hawkesbury.
- The Secret Letter – Why not surprise your Valentine with a secret love letter or card, maybe even a little gift. Don’t leave any clues so it makes the day more fun as they work out who sent them the thoughtful surprise.
- The Perfect Escape – The Award Winning Love Cabins where there is such a choice of accommodation including Wollemi Wilderness Treehouse, Enchanted Cave, Love Cabin, Love Studio, Love Tee Pee, Wollemi House. Visit www.lovecabins.com.au for more information.
- Bring back the romantic picnic for two – Take a picnic to the picturesque Yarramundi Reserve, Colo River or Hawkesbury River to escape the heat.
- Coffee date? The Hawkesbury has great locations to enjoy a coffee date with your Valentine. Gloria Jeans, George Street, Windsor; Lime and Coconut Cafe, Windsor are just a couple on a list of great locations.
- Pamper your loved one with a day spa experience at the Villa Thalgo Day Spa. 61 Hawkesbury Valley Way Windsor 45771254
- Air Ballooning? Start the day with Cloud 9 flights on a romantic hot air balloon flight, followed by a champagne breakfast. 61 Hawkesbury Valley Way Windsor 1300 555 711
- Say I love you with flowers. Arrange a bunch of flowers with Haus 101 Windsor – 4505 1314 or Angels Florist South Windsor – 45877681
- Dinner at the Sebel – Wine and dine your special someone with a celebratory dinner together – 4577 4222
- Kayaking – If the day is yours, why not take your loved one kayaking in the Hawkesbury. Pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it together.
- Dine on the water with the Hawkesbury Paddle Wheeler experience. With a dinner cruise available this Valentine’s Day from 6-8pm. Dinner, dessert and live music all included, the night is all yours to enjoy with that special someone. Bridge Street, Windsor Wharf, 0401798088
- Enjoy a meal at The Church bar. Open from 11am-11.30pm appreciate your loved one by sharing a brunch, lunch or dinner. 22 Kable Street Windsor 4577 6151
- Dessert or Coffee? Finish this Valentine’s Day with something sweet. Don’t forget to visit the Windsor Ice Cream Café 2/89 George Street Windsor 4577 2926
- Movie and popcorn? Catch the latest movies at the Richmond Regent, 145 Windsor Street Richmond 4587 1800
- Off Leash Dog Park – Celebrate with all your loved ones and spoil your pooch too. Take them to socialise with other pampered pets – Ham and Cox Streets, South Windsor – doggy bags and bins provided with fenced area, Peel Park, Arthur Phillip Drive – doggy bags and bins provided with fenced area, North Richmond, Yarramundi Reserve, Springwood Road, Agnes Banks – this area is not fenced.
- Light lunch this Valentine’s Day? Extensive menu and something for everyone to enjoy, a traditional RSL with a flair – Easy Lane located in Windsor RSL 36 Argyle Street South Windsor 4587 6900
- After Essentials this Valentine’s Day? Planning a romantic night at home? Pastel Pines has some extras to help you plan the perfect night in. With a great range of essential oils and candles to choose – 30 Walker Street Windsor 4577 7111
I hope you have fun whatever you find yourself doing this Valentine’s Day, let me know if you need more information on the local area, I am always happy to assist.
I know it is a little early however, Happy Valentine’s Day.
p.s. looking for The Best Suburbs to Invest in Property in the Hawkesbury? click the link below…