- Time for a family flick with a couple of movies bound to keep everyone happy. Richmond Regent have all the family picks http://www.richmondregent.com.au/
1/ Finding Dory – This is a fun family film which features our old favourites Dory and Nemo and Marlin.
2/ Ice Age – Collision Course – Scrat is still searching or his acorn and should prove to share some great adventures travelling to exotic lands.
3/ The Legend of Tarzan – Tarzan returns to his childhood home swinging his way through the Congo.
- Visit the local Hawkesbury Central Library Service either Windsor or Richmond and borrow your favourite book to read or dvd to watch on a cold winter’s day. You can join for free and access to computers. http://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/
- Planet X – Go trampolining in Richmond – http://planetxent.com.au/
- Windsor Tenpin Bowling – Make a strike at http://windsorbowl.com.au/
- Visit the local Government Park or Howes Park and enjoy a waterside picnic.
- Ride your bike through Howes Park through to Deerubbin Park, start point from The Terrace, Windsor.
- Ride your bike along the bike track on Windsor Road from Windsor through to Rouse Hill and enjoy a reward at one of the local cafes at the end of your ride.
- Visit Lime & Coconut Café for their signature lime & coconut cheesecake with the kids’ favourite milkshake http://www.limeandcoconutcafe.com.au/
- Hawkesbury Regional Museum – soak up some local history http://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/
- Try out some new aerial tricks at the local Skate Park – Clarendon near the Richmond RAAF Base or McGraths Hill http://www.skateboard.com.au/skateparks/australia/clarendon-skate-park/
- Australiana Pioneer Village – Atmosphere and activities of life over 100 years ago http://theapv.org.au/village/
- Tobruk Sheep Station – Farm Visits and Stays – http://www.tobruksydney.com.au/
- Trees Adventure – Yarramundi – Swing like Tarzan from more than 70 Sydney Blue Gums bordering the River listening to Bell Birds or watching the Sea Eagle soar above http://treesadventure.com.au/grose-river-park/
- Go Karting – Butterfly Farm, 446 Wilberforce Rd, Wilberforce NSW 2756 – Adrenaline packed day out –
- Icecream Shop Café – 89 George Street, Windsor – grab an ice cream and take a walk down George Street or by the Hawkesbury River on The Terrace.
These are just some ideas for what to do in the Hawkesbury during the school holidays. Feel free to add other ideas for the community, I would love to hear your thoughts or comments.
Enjoy the holidays with the kids and if you have any further questions on the Hawkesbury I would be more than happy to assist.