In many parts of the world St Patrick’s Day is a celebration of the Irish culture and one of Ireland’s patron saints, St Patrick. People come together in honour of St Patrick’s life and his achievements.
Although it is not a public holiday ‘Down Under’, it is a day that is well celebrated in Australia and a day when many dress in the colour green. Shamrocks, leprechauns and pots of gold are commonly found symbolising the special day for the Irish and many of our pubs, and restaurants embrace the St Patrick’s Day celebrations and Parades within the Hawkesbury and our cities.
Here are our top 10 ways to celebrate ensure the luck of the Irish on St Patrick’s Day in the Hawkesbury.
- A family day out at The Australiana Pioneer Village are holding a St Patrick’s Day event. Come along and enjoy the fun and experience the Irish culture at The Australiana Pioneer Village, Wilberforce.
Sunday 19th March 2017 10am-4pm
For more details contact (02) 4575 1777
- Feeling like luck may be on your side by taking a stroll through Howe Park or Government Park in Windsor St Patrick’s Day and see if you can find a four leaf clover.
- Like cooking? Try your hand at a traditional Irish home cooked meal. With the cooler weather corned beef and cabbage or perhaps a hearty Irish stew with potatoes will go down a treat.
- Enjoy the atmosphere created by the Irish at The Fiddler, Rouse Hill.
Cnr of Commercial Rd and Windsor Road Rouse Hill
For more details contact (02) 96294811
- Looking further afield? Attend The Green Gathering to celebrate this St Patrick’s day. With the children’s parade, Irish music, dancing food and market stalls this will be a great day out for the family to this family event at Prince Alfred Park.
- Take a day trip to the Settlers Arms Inn at St Albans and enjoy a delicious meal.
1 Wharf Street, St Albans
For more details contact (02) 4568 2111
- Kick back and relax with an Irish or Irish Nut Coffee. With our friends at Gloria Jeans.
George Street, Riverview Windsor
- Dress in Green for the day and join in this fun Irish celebration.
- Fancy a Beef and Guinness pie? The Outback serves this great Irish tradition – George Street, Windsor
- Indulge with your family and friends by hosting your own St Patrick’s Day party.
Enjoy your time in the Hawkesbury and let me know if you need more information on the local area or I can be of further assistance with your real estate needs.