Looking for a place to warm up for St. Patrick’s Day at the end of the week? I have put together some interesting fun facts and where to take your dancing shoes on the day everyone goes green ????
What is St. Patrick’s Day?
St. Patrick’s Day is a religious day set aside in Ireland and its diaspora to celebrate the life of Saint Patrick who passed away in 460 A.D. Notably, the Irish people have observed this tradition for many centuries. Currently, the practice has spread to other countries such as Canada, US, Australia to mention a few. Many might wonder who Saint Patrick was.
Saint Patrick was an Irish saint who was responsible for converting over 400 people to Christianity. Initially, the latter character was born in Britain but was kidnapped by the Irish. He spent six years taking care of livestock. It is in this regard he converted into a devoted Christian. After the duration, he escaped back to Britain where he undertook the religious journey by training for 15 years to become a priest.
When is St. Patrick’s Day?
Saint Patrick’s Day is a public holiday celebrated annually on March 17 across Ireland and becoming a worldwide tradition. The day commemorates one of the greatest saints in the history of Christianity and has become a good excuse for a cracking party. Notably, the day was made a public holiday officially in the 17th century by the Catholic church. On the due day, people dress up in green attire known as Shamrocks. Most people living in Ireland and Irish diaspora together with family and friends spend the day by indulging in many activities including Irish traditions.
What are the best Irish Pubs in Hawkesbury to visit on St. Patrick’s Day?
Do you live in Hawkesbury, have Irish roots, family or friends, and wish to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? There are so many things to do in the Hawkesbury and places to visit which include:-
- Australian Hotel – The Australian Hotel sits on Corner Pitt Town and Windsor Roads, McGraths Hill NSW 2756 and their telephone is 02 4577 3104. The establishment serves Irish delicacies accompanied by Guinness on tap. Additionally, they play Irish tunes throughout the night.
- Bird in Hand Inn – The Inn is located at 81 Bathurst Street, Pitt Town NSW 2756 and their telephone contact information is 02 4572 3372. It was initially named Maid of Australia. Provides exclusive Irish dishes and pints of beer. During St Patrick’s Day, it brings together people from all lifestyles.
- Bligh Park Tavern – The establishment, which is located in 101 Ham Street, Windsor NSW 2756, offers a wide range of Irish dishes, and activities during St. Patrick’s Day. Additionally, beer flows non-stop during happy hour.
- Clarendon Tavern – This Tavern is located in 244 Hawkesbury Valley Way, Clarendon NSW 2756, 0245879311. It is known for serving exclusive Irish dishes and playing Irish music during St. Patrick’s festivals.
- Hawkesbury Hotel – The Hotel is located on 335 George Street, Windsor NSW 2756. It provides all entertainment during St. Patrick’s Day to all its customers.
- The Fiddler – Commercial Rd and Windsor Rd Rouse Hill, Kellyville NSW 2155 at Corner of Commercial Road and Windsor Road
- Read Andy K.‘s review of The Fiddler on Yelp
- The Australian Brewery – The Brewery can be found on the corner of 350 Annangrove Rd, Rouse Hill 2155. They put on a great feed there and can be contacted on 02 9679 4555
- Read Alicia C.‘s review of The Australian Brewery on Yelp
- Settlers Arms Inn – Another fun spot to visit over the ferry at 1 Wharf St, St Albans NSW 2775. Phone: (02) 4568 2111
Summing it all up, we are so lucky in the Hawkesbury/Hills to have some of the best places to visit. Other historical locations to visit includes Macquarie Arms Hotel, North Richmond Hotel, and Railway Hotel, R.G. McGees Hotel, Richmond Inn Hotel, Royal Exchange Hotel and Wisemans Ferry Inn Hotel.
What events are on St. Patrick’s Day in the Hawkesbury?
St Patrick’s celebration in the Hawkesbury consists of many activities. Some of the activities you can participate include:-
- Visit The Australian Pioneer Village with your family
- Celebrate in the Sonic Bar at the Richmond Club with Guinness on tap as well as delicious cakes and an inviting menu in our Crafty Brew Cafe
- Take a stroll through Howe or Government Parks
- Cook traditional Irish dishes
- Visit The Fiddler, Rouse Hill
- Attend the local Green Gatherings
- Visit Settlers Arms Inn
- Celebrate together with your family members
Whatever you find yourself doing today, have fun and remember you don’t need an excuse to reward yourself or your family for all the hard work you do, have a great week.
#shamrocks #australianhotel #clarendontavern #hawkesburyhotel #birdinhand #blighparktavern #thefiddler #thebrewery #settlersarms #richmondclub #australianpioneervillage #howepark #celebrate